Friday 7 January 2011

Red Mill-ers Crossing

On the greatest day of my life (so far), I was in Seattle.
It included laughing at otters at the aquarium, going to the rock'n'roll /sci-fi museum, a trip to the cinema to see "Date Night" (even that couldn't bring this day down), a trip up to Red Mill for an awesome burger, then a Pink Floyd lazer show. Oh boy!

So I was in a very good mood to start with, we get to Red Mill Burger, and it's surrounded by weirdness and nothing (or maybe just gaps in my memory). A small row of shops, mostly facing away from the street, and the "no house the same as the next" that the fancier American suburbs do so well.

I'd been stupid enough to phone ahead and try to book a table, when I arrived it became clear just how foolish that was. It's a grab a table, while the other person orders kind of affair. Which I used to hate, but I've been either lucky or ruthless lately.




The cheeseburger there was a pretty greasy affair, the foil wrapping really helped, reminding Susan of the guilty childhood pleasure of fastfood. But here the only regret was it's finished, and you're too satisfied to justify ordering another. I'll need to get better at describing burgers if this is to continue, hopefully you'll forgive me if I put it down to time passing, and memory failures. Just look how happy I am here -



Oh I'd almost forgotten about the peanut butter milkshake!
Out of the top three mentioned so far, this was definitely the closest to a trashy, this shouldn't work, feels like it's been put together a bit slap-dash, burger. And maybe everything else is getting a bit too far away from the nature of a classic burger. So in some ways, this would be the top of the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment